Join Our Team as a Per Diem Advocate!
Choose your own schedule and serve as first point of contact for survivors! Per diem advocates answer crisis line calls in their own home, on overnight and/or weekend shifts. Advocates listen, support, provide information and referrals, and discuss options with the caller. Advocates also respond to local hospitals and police stations to support survivors, as well as screen in survivors seeking emergency shelter.
Who is qualified to become an MCVP volunteer?
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You are sensitive to issues of sexual and domestic violence;
- You are open-minded and non-judgemental in your interactions; and
- You successfully complete MCVP’s training program.
What is MCVP’s application procedure?
- All applicants will complete a Volunteer Application form, provide the names of three references, and participate in an interview with the Direct Services Coordinator.
- All information submitted will be considered in determining eligibility for volunteering with the agency.
- All information will be kept in strictest confidence, to the extent permitted by law, and will become part of the volunteer’s file.
- MCVP reserves the right to deny or terminate a volunteer from the training program should we find the volunteer’s conduct to be detrimental to the agency or if any false, dishonest, or otherwise misleading representations have been made.
Other Volunteer Positions
Support Group Facilitator
One way to reduce the isolation of domestic and sexual violence is to develop forums for survivors to come together and share their stories with a supportive group of peers. Volunteer advocates facilitate these meetings and can assist staff advocates with the development of innovative groups. This position requires additional training that we do not always offer, but please contact us if you are interested! Support Group Facilitator
Fundraising and Event Planner
Contact MCVP to find out more about getting involved in event planning committees, development committees, and the Advisory Council.